According to my survey and reports, I've found that it's actually not a big deal to pass the exams. How do other candidates make it possible?
Just read the following points and you will find the "PREPARATION MANTRA" for the exams:
1. Your assignments contribute major part to your exam preparation and to secure grades to pass through.
So, TAKE YOUR ASSIGNMENTS SERIOUSLY.
No matter what you've done this semester. Just be serious from the very next time and try to solve your assignments by yourself.
2. At least go through the study material provided by the university for once. IGNOU study material contains small chapters/units those can be finished within few days and the same are very easy to understand.
You can cover your syllabus by reading GPH (Gullybaba Publishing House) books. These books contains all the necessary topics in question answers format. Moreover, the units are prepared in such manner that anyone can finish/cover the syllabus within 3-4 days per course.
So its very important to get through and cover your syllabus demanded per course.
3. For Term End JUNE 2010 Exams, only 1 month is left. Students need to prepare for 4 courses to pass the semester.
1 month = 4 weeks = 4 courses preparation time
That means, you can cover your syllabus if you study 1 course in 1 week. Thats actually very sufficient for preparation. If you do it with GPH books, then you can even do this within 2 weeks.
4. Prepare your schedule/time table to prepare for your exams. By doing so, you will get time to study even if you are a working person. For working persons, 2-3 hours can be managed easily for exam preparation.
5. Get a set of atleast previous three years of assignments and term end question papers.
If you look at the pattern, you will find that the question paper covers contents from previous years assignments. So while studying, you can pay attention to what have been asked in previous years assignments and term end question papers. According to our lecturer and senior students, one can get 70% marks easily if have gone through previous years assignments and question papers.
6. Make short notes wherever its necessary for self understanding. By doing so, you will be prepared enough in your exams. Most of the students do not write before exams and this is how they face problems while giving explanations in exams.
7. Try to cover your syllabus atleast before 5-6 days of main exam date. e.g On 1st June,2010 MS 01 will be held and so on. So, you should have covered your syllabus till 23rd-25ft May,2010. In between the time gap, you will get sufficient time for revision.
8. Take a mock test or say solve a question paper of the concerned course atleast 2 days earlier to the main exam. By doing so, you will be known about your weakness for writing answers while solving the paper.
As you do it 2-3 days earlier hence you have sufficient time for making corrections.
One more important thing, if you don't have GPH books then its better to go and buy it yourself rather ordering via VPP facilities. As, you have very less time ( say just a month) and if you order your books to purchase then VPP will take 3-4 days to complete it in local area and approx. 7-10 days for outside orders. Such a waste of time it would be. So better to make it by your own and save time.
To download previous years MBA question paper and assignments, follow the link given below:
OR go to
All the best,
Thanks & regards,